01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Booby love 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Booby love

34
One of the best things about being my daughters mommy is that I get to do something that no one else can - I get to feed her. Its so strange that there are so few who share my sentiments and I've had to explain my decision to breastfeed to a few more people than I'd care to explain myself to. It makes me wonder what on earth goes through the minds of sane human beings who look at me with "this girl is crazy" eyes when I mention that I love breastfeeding and I will do it for as long as baby girl needs me to. I mean, since when has processed, lab made milk been better than the milk that God had intended mommy's to make for their baby's? To each their own, I guess.

I think that the suckiest part of breastfeeding is the fact that I had to go back to work after 4 months and didn't get to feed her as much as I wanted to. I did go through a few weeks of breast pump mayhem, but had to then start topping up with formula, since I was not pumping enough at work to send home for the next days feeds. She now gets about 3 formula bottles per day and then the rest of her feeds are mommy's milk. I personally think that the latter is what she looks forward to each day.

I know that it would be easier to simply just give her the formula bottles and quit the breastfeeding (especially when I feel like I'm about to explode after a whole day of not feeding her and not pumping) but nothing beats the bond that we share after a long day of work and nanny!

So, for now, I'm okay with the accidental spills when I've failed to bring my breast pump to work.
And I'm okay with looking like I've just went for DD cup breast enlargement surgery after 4pm each day.
It's all worth it in the end!

xxxL


Milk on tap

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38