01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Life with sons: starting a band baby... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Life with sons: starting a band baby...

34
Ya, my kids are weird.
I say this with all the love in the world.

Our boys, aged 10 and 13, literally sit and sing together, while playing XBox.
And I'm not saying this because they have amazing, Luciano Pavarotti voices.
Nope, they just enjoy singing.
And one would think that they would sing the latest "in" songs.
But nope, they sing theme songs.
Movie theme songs, Ad jingles, Series theme songs.

Them: A few years ago.

Sometimes it's funny.
Sometimes it's "shhh the baby is sleeping!"
Sometimes we all join in.
Sometimes, I'd be in the kitchen, humming a little tune (and by "humming" I mean "belting out" and by "little tune" I mean "Mariah Carey") and one of them would almost always join in!
As if I invited them!
I mean, hello, can you not see the spatula (aka mic) in MY hand?!
Is nothing sacred anymore?!

Our youngest boy also has a habit of memorising tv ads. He knows all the words, all the songs and sometimes even mimics the actions! Our eldest is a movie quoter. He is so NOT good at doing the accents but insists on telling you exactly what the lead actor said, in accent, even though you were sitting right next to him, watching the exact same movie a few minutes ago!
He also quotes stand up comedians (thanks alot Trevor Noah) and sometimes says things and just leaves it in the air... no point. No reason behind the story.
Example:
"Mommy, so today my friend picked up his pencil from the floor and then I was like, haha you picked up your pencil..."

Okay. And then?

With all of that said, I remember something a dad of 3 once said about his boys.
He said "The best thing I could ever have done for my son is to give him brothers."
I was reminded of it this weekend, while watching these 2 together.

Our first date: It turned into a double date because our kids went with

Flashback to a few years ago: It had been a couple of years after my eldests dad and I split up and I remember feeling a bit disheartened thinking that my boy would not experience the joy (and torture) of having a sibling that is close in age to him. I mean, I love my sister - we are 3 years apart, and I remember many days of playing Barbie dolls together (me cutting her dolls hair in my "salon"... her crying about it) and hey those were some of the best days of my life. So I was really sad that my boy wouldn't ever experience that.

Enter: Hubstopher and his boy. I think that the pair came at just the right time, age and height! hehe. I found the man of my dreams, and our boys found each other. The 4 of us fit together like a puzzle.

Making a speech at our wedding :) 

So yes, our kids are weird.
But they are also extremely awsome!
Both sets of moms and dads (on either side) are married with a baby and these 2 have taken to it very well! In fact, they are stellar big brothers to their half sisters and brother and they are amazing step brothers to each other.
They have their disagreements but I am so pleased at how well they get along.
They stand up for each other, like brothers.
They sometimes tell on each other, like brothers.
And hey, now they sing together too.
So yes, we are starting a boy band baby, starting a boy band...

xxxL

Labels:

35 36 37 38