01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: PPSA Nail Challenge - Sugar Spun 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

PPSA Nail Challenge - Sugar Spun

34
I had recently discovered the Polished Pretties South Africa Facebook group and all the amazingly talented ladies who roam around there. It is a little corner on the internet where they share tips and tricks and post pics of unbelievable nail art (which they do themselves!)

Needless to say, I am inspired!

So theres a weekly nail art challenge, which consists of 2 challenges.
Following the prompts, you do your nails and then share your pics on the group and each others blogs. I likey!


So this weeks 1st challenge is Sugar Spun. 
I'm not going to front about it - I had no idea what sugar spun nails were! 
Until I Googled it :) Ahh Google my good friend. 

I followed the instructions I found online, which were to: 
1. Coat your nails with your base coat
2. Decide on your sugar spun colour and throw a bit of the nail polish onto a flat surface
3. Allow it to thicken (you can play with it a bit to help it gain some texture)
4. The polish should be getting a bit stringy by now 
5. In a "pulling" or "sweeping" motion, pull the stringy polish over your nails

This is the desired effect: 

youtube.com


This is my result:



My bottom coat is the Essence 115 Redvolution and the top sugar spun coat is Essence 186 I <3 My Blue Jeans. I topped it with the Essence gel look top coat. 

I am not thrilled with how it came out, but for a first try, Im feeling alriiiiight about it. 
Keen to try it again though! 


Some of the other PPSA bloggers:PPSA Nail Challenge Week 2 -  1. Sugar spun
Sarcastic by Nature
Ordinary Misfit
Because I Can






Labels:

35 36 37 38