01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Marriage and Melodies: Our feature in JStar Blomag 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Marriage and Melodies: Our feature in JStar Blomag

34
The nice lady (Mvokazi Mjayezi-Ncede) from JStar Blomag emailed me a few weeks ago asking if they could please feature Chris and I in the August edition. We obviaaasly had to say yes! What an honor! 
We got to share about how we met, what brought us together and what keeps us together! 

Chris and I met a couple of years ago and sorry Hollywood, it wasnt exactly "love and first sight". 
We became really good friends first and I think that is so important! We got to know each others ins and outs before deciding if this was "the one". 

I am no relationship expert, but since I've been in a few (the longest one - prior to Chris - being 7 years!) I am an advocate for "let's first be friends". I see sooo many people jumping from one relationship to another - how tiring! 
One of our church pastors said something profound once. 
He said that making up and breaking up all the time is kinda like desensitizing you to divorce. 
It becomes a learned behavior. It just made sense to me and looking around at all the beautiful marriages I see, I find that the people who have been less exposed to unstable relationships believe in LOVE and the "Happy Ever After" even more than those who have experienced constant break ups. 

I'm not slamming "dating", but I do feel that going into a "serious" relationship is such a big decision. Why waste your time with someone who you do not want to spend the rest of your life with? Why waste THEIR time? 

Anyways, so in this edition of JStar, you'll read more about us and how we met and what we believe to be the glue that keeps us together :) 

I love this magazine, besides for the obvious reasons haha :), because it features amazing stories, testimonies and advice for regular people, from regular people, on behalf of regular people. 
Regular. 
(Had to say it again). 

There's no sugar coating, no flashy misconceptions and total truths that are sure to inspire you and help make you feel a little less crazy and a little more motivated to be a better you! 

Check out the Jstar site, to get the online magazine and to get the August edition with us in it. 
Heehee!  
I feel so faaaamous now and stuff! :) 

xxxL 

Labels:

35 36 37 38