01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Made in SA - Not in Japan 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Made in SA - Not in Japan

34
Not my ankle, but how cool is this! (Photo: Pinterest)
Look, let me not sugar coat things: I do not watch rugby, nor do I have an intense desire to.
Whaaat? A couple of big looking guys, running around with a ball (and passing it to each other backwards, nogals), just does not compare to Cycle 22 of America's Next Top Model (in my books, that is). 

But, 'irregardless', when it comes to big sporting events like, for example, the current Rugby World Cup, then I am without a shadow of a doubt an extremely big Springbok fan!
"Why?" You ask.
"You dislike rugby!" I hear you say.
"You can't even name one player from the national rugby team!" You shout out in anguish.
Just calm down, Margaret. Yes, these are all true facts.
But even though I am not a rugby fan, I am definitely a fan of South Africa.
I love this country. I love it with it's car guards (who at most times annoy more than anything) and it's power outages and it's white toppies who stand by the main road traffic lights with a "No money, No food" board in their hands and a sad look on their faces.
I love it all!
I love it because it's mine. The same like with my children.
I mean, my kids sometimes drive me cray cray on any given day, and Hubstopher and I sometimes look at each other and ask "can we send them back?" but they are mine and I am theirs and so, by default, my heart belongs to them.
And it is with this sense of belonging that I love my country.
I was born here, my roots are here, this is my heritage and where my culture comes from.
My heart belongs to South Africa.
Photo: 10and5.com
I can never understand WHY people choose to support a team other than their home country's team.
I mean, right, the other country does better or can kick higher or can run faster.
So can other children.
But that doesn't mean that I sit on the benches at Athletics Day and cheer on Suzie's daughter just because she can sprint faster than mine can.
I am sorry but that is just dumb. It goes against the very nature of our beings.

What is UP with South Africans now a days?
We are a bunch of extremely passionate people who either love fiercely or hate even more fiercelier (is that a word?).
And it seems to me that when the going gets tough, then the tough chooses a different team to support.
They shake their heads and post updates about how disappointing South Africa is.
They speak DEATH over our country, by moaning and complaining and being negative.
And then they wonder why things aren't changing!
Life and death is in the power of the tongue. Your words create!
We need to start watching what we speak over our country - whether it be dissecting the state of the government or bad mouthing Piet The Coach because our national rugby team lost to a "weaker" team. (Okay, I don't know what the rugby coach's name is. Don't judge me. Let's move on, shall we?)

Photo: Expandasign
Sure, I don't understand the complexity of the team selections and the politics behind the players or the fact that the government didn't blah blah blah blah blahhhhh.
But at the end of the day, none of the above makes me any less of a South African.
South Africa is STILL a part of me, and me of it. And I will always want the best for this country!
Changing the team or the government wont change where I come from and it certainly will not motivate me to cheer lead for any team other than our boys.

Some call it patriotic.
Some call it faithful. Dedicated. Stupid.
I call it: Home.
I was made here.
My label says Proudly South African.
And not "Made in China".

En ek se dankie vir dit.
xxxL


Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments! 
I read and appreciate each one of them! 

Labels:

35 36 37 38