01 02 03 My Spreadsheet Brain: Nursery Rhyme Challenge: I'm a little teapot 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Nursery Rhyme Challenge: I'm a little teapot

34
I love blog challenges because it gives me inspiration to do something different with my nails (other than color blocking my ring finger).
As you may or may not know, a bunch of cool mamas and I did a storybook themed challenge the other day, where we took 1 story book per week to draw inspiration from for a weekly post. So we did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, CinderellaAlice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. These same hot mamas are back (minus Amelia, plus Venean) and this time around we are drawing inspiration from kiddies nursery rhymes. So fun!

This weeks theme is "I'm a little teapot".

Photo: Devian Art

True to the nursery rhyme, my kiddo and I are total teapots!
My favorite tea at the moment is: TEA :) Her favorite is the peach and apricot Freshpak rooibos junior tea, so I wanted to choose a peachy nail polish color to represent that.
Enter: Sinful Colors Island Coral.
So fresh!
So delightful!
I am smitten!
It reminds me of Summer and if you didn't know, my heart belongs to Summer. And chicken pops.

For the challenge, I started by applying a base coat (we don't want a repeat of what happened here) and then painted the Island Coral on all my nails except my ring finger. (Duh, color block central).
I used my Sinful Colors Love Sprinkles to do a bit of a tip and to add some hearts that would emphasize exactly how much we love tea.

Look, I'm not going to lie to you, I eventually got so caught up with the coral polish that I forgot about the teapot. I painted my ring finger with an old bottle of Essence Colour and Go 162 Dare It Nude and then used my Born Pretty stamping plate BP64 to decorate said finger.


And THEN I was like, OH YAAA the teapot!
So I used a ziplock baggie to created my little blue teapot sticker. It came out rather sweetly.
By the time it was dry, I was ready to move on with my life. Hence the rather abstract artwork that you find below.



How pretty is this coral?!

Check out what the others did with this theme.
I feel like a lame-o compared to their brilliance!
Ruth Abercrombie

Just Ella Bella
In The Meantime

Labels:

35 36 37 38